Evidence to ConsiderFor the existence and identity of God
Evidence to Consider for the Existence of God
Evidence to consider searches out diverse and compelling evidence for the existence and identity of God. There is no other pursuit in this life that can have more temporal and eternal weight than seeking God; because if God exists, and He can be known, that changes everything.
Illustrated in the image above, there is simultaneously a mountain of evidence available for the existence and identity of God, and at the same time, one can surrender like water and simply believe; the rhythm of faith embraces them both.
There are three primary ways to use this site.
1. Check recent posts and subject categories on the Blog page.
2. There is a natural progression from left to right in the site pages. Ultimately, we hopefully move from merely believing God exists to following His teachings and instructions, and receiving the gifts He has for us.
3. Please check out the ‘Evidence of the Week’ directly below this text.
4. At the bottom of this page are some key articles you may find interesting.
Evidence of the Week
Six Reasons God Exists
- The Complexity of Earth
- The Universe’s Start
- Laws of Nature
- Complexity of DNA
- Encounters with God
- Testimony of Jesus
- Something cannot come from nothing, meaning that something must have preceded the Big Bang.
- Fine-tuning of 30 Physical properties from Gravity to Mass to the Cosmological constant indicate this universe is tuned for life against enormous odds.
- The creation of life on earth is far too complex to happen by itself
- Whether or not the earth was created in six days is not an essential component of faith. The Hebrew word Yom can mean a literal day, a year, an era, or a specific period of time. There is room for disagreement on this issue.
- The existence of contingent beings and objective moral values in the world are all evidences for the existence of God.
- Changed lives of Christians show evidence of attitude and life changes that are profound and worth considering as evidence.
- Some biblical scriptures seem to speak of scientific facts that were not known at the time.
- The number seven in Genesis 1:1 is mathematically stunning in its relevance.
- Prophecy: Israel will be reborn as a nation and bloom in the desert after nearly two thousand years. What are the chances?
- Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22 clearly depict a righteous, suffering messiah who takes on the sin of others and dies just as Jesus died.
- The Jewish Passover ceremony, still practiced today, points to Jesus as the Messiah.
- Talmudic evidence for strange happenings in the temple from 30AD to 70AD suggest Jesus is the Messiah.